Bee Chronicles by Alan - Swarm Hive
Posted on June 13, 2012
I caught the swarm a week ago and was previously unable to find the old queen to replace her with a new queen. I went to find the old queen and introduce the new queen to the hive. I looked through all the frames and could not find the old queen, and only found about 20 eggs that had been laid. I went back through the frames and finally found the old queen, captured her, killed her and smeared her on the new queen's cage. I then put the new queen cage in between two frames. I plan to check back in a few days to see if the bees have released the new queen.