Festive Orange Candle Holders
Posted on December 21, 2015
Looking for a fun and easy craft for the holidays? These tealight candle holders made from oranges are easy enough for children over the age of 8.
- Find the “flat” part of your orange. This is the side of the orange that does not roll. A good smack of the orange on a hard surface will usually create a flat portion if you’re having trouble.
- Place your orange on top of a candle. Using a craft knife, carefully cut around the tealight at a 45 degree angle. (Note: children and those who cannot be trust with a craft knife *cough cough crazy Uncle Eric cough cough*, should have an adult preform this step.)
- Using a butter knife, continue the cut towards the center of the orange.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the orange wedge.
- Place the tealight inside the hole.
- Using a skewer, creating small holes around the surface of the orange. Be creative with your design!
- Place cloves in the holes for decoration
Note: if your orange *still* wants to roll around, secure it with removable mounting putty. In addition, do not leave burning candles unattended.