Lettuce cups are a great grain-free way to enjoy your favorite wrap fillings in a light, fun-to-eat dish. The honey adds a touch of sweetness to balance out this tangy Asian-inspired meal. Enjoy as a lunch option for you or the kids, or pair with steamed veggies to create a dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
3 Tbsp GloryBee Raw Organic Clover Blossom Honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp rice vinegar
½ Tbsp sesame oil
2 Tbsp Aunt Patty’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, grated
1 ½ pounds ground chicken or turkey
½ Cup shredded carrots
½ Cup shredded purple cabbage
½ Cup bean sprouts
⅓ Cup honey roasted peanuts
Butter lettuce leaves - for serving
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium-high heat, place olive oil and onions. Begin to sauté onions until they become golden and translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Add ground chicken and shredded carrots to the skillet. Cook, stirring frequently and while breaking up the chicken pieces, until it’s cooked throughout, about 5-7 minutes.
- Pour sauce over cooked chicken mixture and combine. Place the lid, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Top with bean sprouts, chopped cabbage, and roasted peanuts and cover for an additional 3 minutes. Scoop mixture into lettuce cups and serve.
Adapted from the National Honey Board & Laura Fuentes