If you're entertaining for game day, it's always nice to have a hearty snack to share. We like our using our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe and then (get this) adding it to nachos!
⅓ Cup Aunt Patty’s Coconut Sugar
2 Tbsp ground cumin
2 Tbsp ground coriander
1 Tbsp fine sea salt
2 tsp onion powder
2 tsp garlic powder
1 Boneless pork shoulder roast (about 4 pounds)
1 Large onion (peeled, halved, and sliced)
½ Cup chicken broth or water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sugar, cumin, coriander, salt, onion, and garlic. Rub mixture all over pork.
- In a slow cooker, add onions and broth, and then place pork on top. Cover and cook until very tender and easy to shred with a fork, about 6 hours on high heat or 8-10 hours on low heat.
- Shred pork, removing and discarding excess fat. Mix in cooked onions and any juices from the bottom of the slow cooker, and serve with barbecue sauce to taste.
For Game Day Nachos
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil for easy cleanup. Place a couple layers of tortilla chips. Sprinkle with cheese (we like cheddar and pepper jack).
- Set the oven to broil on high and place the baking sheet with tortilla chips & cheese inside. Let cook for 3-5 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Top with shredded pulled pork and any additional topping you like - guacamole, beans, corn, jalapeno peppers, salsa and sour cream. Enjoy!