HoneyStix Facts & Nutrition
Who can resist the all natural taste of honey flavored with fruit? When GloryBee Foods launched the original 5 flavors of HoneyStix in 1986, they were an instant hit. The idea came from our founder’s days working on a peppermint farm in his youth. Today GloryBee Foods sells more flavors of HoneyStix than anyone else – over 24 natural flavors like vanilla, lemon, mint and strawberry. Enjoy them on their own or try them with tea.
Are HoneyStix BPA Free? Kosher? Healthy?
- Each stix holds 1 tsp (5 grams) of delicious liquid.
- Each HoneyStix is 15 calories.
- The stix are certified Kosher by the Orthodox Union
- The stix are made of polypropylene, which is food grade and BPA free.
- All stix are naturally colored and flavored.
- Honey should not be fed to infants under one year of age or to individuals with a compromised immune system.
HoneyStix Color Guide
Wondering what those colored lines mean on your HoneyStix? They help you identify the delicious flavors of honey inside!
- Red Stripe: Cinnamon
- Yellow Stripe: Lemon
- Green Stripe: Lime
- White Stripe: Mint
- Orange Stripe: Orange
Use as a quick snack, top – ice cream, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. Take along a few honeystix or agavestix to sweeten your tea or coffee when you are on the go! They are a convenient size for a pocket or purse, and the straw makes a great stirring stick.
Try the following combinations:
- Chai Tea and Vanilla HoneyStix
- Black Tea and Peach HoneyStix
- Green Tea and Ginger HoneyStix
- Mango Tea and Lime HoneyStix
- Coffee and Caramel HoneyStix
- Coffee and Amaretto HoneyStix
(*Numbers in parentheses are for Chocolate Honey Stix.)
How to eat HoneyStix
There are different ways to open HoneyStix. This is generally accepted to be the best:
- Hold one end of the stix
- Bite or pinch the seam.
- The end will pop open!
- Slide your thumb and forefinger from the bottom end of the stix towards your mouth to push out the sweet nectar inside.
Try these fun flavor combinations
Sour Fruit Punch: Sour Cherry + Sour Grape
Strawberry Lemonade: Sour Strawberry + Pink Lemonade
Apple Pie: Cinnamon + Sour Apple
Caramel Apple: Caramel + Sour Apple
Berry-liscous: Sour Raspberry + Sour Strawberry
Creamcicle: Orange + Vanilla
Chocolate Covered Almond: Chocolate + Amaretto
Mountain Meadow: Clover + Wildflower
Lemon Ginger Tea: Lemon + Ginger
Mojito: Lime + Mint
Root Beer Float: Root Beer + Vanilla